Cobie AI Content for Coding In The Classroom is a great place to start your education for CS. We offer content for kids from 8 years with unplugged CS and block-based programming. And up to 16+ years where we focus on algorithms and writing functions with text-based programming.
Important fact is that we help teachers be more effective and more present with our tools. Teachers get an overview of the classroom in real-time. With help from Cobie AI teachers are able to find all those little mistakes in the code that can be hard to spot for all the students. We also help teachers with content out of the box. With our lesson plans, assignments and narrative for all types of media text, images, voice. Teachers can use lectures to showcase all the important lessons.
List of our lesson plans out of box:
- Block-based programming
- Transition from block-based to text-based programming (Blockly to Python)
- Having fun with Python functions and general programming exercises
- United By Coding – pair programming, where students learn to code and develop soft skills. This is great for inclusion and starting with your new students
- WordPress for the classroom – complete support with insight into what students are working within WP and helping teachers with suggestions for the next steps
List of our specialised tools for teaching programming:
- Typing game – for youngest that learn to use keyboard and for those a bit older who want to use
- Touch Typing (Blind typing, 10 finger typing) – learn to conquer the keyboard and type without looking
- Match pairs – fun game for teaching how to use a mouse, with sounds and introductory lessons about animals, food and other fun topics for beginners.
Custom lessons plans in Cobie AI content for Coding in the Classroom
At Cobie AI, we understand that every teacher and every group of students has unique needs and learning goals. That’s why we offer the flexibility of creating custom lesson plans tailored to meet the specific requirements of your coding education curriculum.
We can offer tons of programming languages, we are not limited to listed programming languages but we can also implement other programming languages like C#, C++, Visual Basic and much more. Actually we can support all the programming languages Visual Studio can support which is in hundreds of languages.
Can teachers create custom lesson plans in Cobie AI Smart Classroom?
Yes, teachers can prepare custom lesson plans to fit their curriculum. We help them make it interactive and fun for students of all ages. Using our tools, teacher’s knowledge and a bit of help from AI we make a quick transition from idea to realisation.
What are the Benefits of Teaching Coding in School?
We think that teaching coding in schools provides students with essential digital literacy, problem-solving, and creative skills. The most important part is that with this kind of education students learn algorithmic thinking. Which will be very useful for them in the future for all kinds of careers in technology or outside of IT.
Algorithmic thinking fosters innovation and global collaboration, enhances maths and computational thinking abilities, and promotes project-based learning. Additionally, our pair programming develops soft skills, boosts confidence, and contributes to inclusivity and diversity. Overall, coding education offers a wide range of benefits that empower students and prepare students for success in our increasingly digital and tech-driven world.
How Cobie AI Smart Classroom Works
Our smart classroom is powered by AI or should we say our Cobie AI, an advanced technology that helps teachers to teach coding more efficiently. And this part is important as we are building tools for teachers, to be more effective, more present and really helping students with motivation and growth.
In this classroom, teachers are provided with real-time insights about students’ progress, enabling them to make necessary adjustments and improvements to their teaching strategies.
The classroom setup consists of a central display that enables the teacher to control what each student sees on their device. The display can be used to broadcast instructions and all the instructions needed for students to complete the assignments. Students can also communicate with the teacher, share their progress and provide feedback.
Our Cobie AI also allows students to work collaboratively on projects by pairing them up. This approach has been proven to be an effective way of enhancing students’ creativity, problem-solving skills, and team-building abilities. This type of learning has been proven very useful during United By Coding project, we did in collaboration with Scientix (EUN) and Cisco Foundation
To deliver our block-based programming content, we have designed an interface that uses drag-and-drop features that help students to quickly learn programming concepts. We also have text-based coding content that enables students to progress to more advanced concepts of coding. And we are really proud that we can offer game-like puzzles also with text-based programming which makes transition even smoother.
Text-based programming content
Our content for learning WordPress involves building a web page for a coffee shop. Students learn how to do this from start to finish, and the outcome is a fully functional web page that they can be proud of.
In conclusion, our smart classroom powered by Cobie AI is a game changer for teaching coding. It offers a myriad of benefits, from real-time insights to collaborative teamwork, that make teaching and learning coding a fun and rewarding experience.
Overview of the benefits of using Cobie AI smart classroom for teaching coding
- Teachers can easily see what their students are doing in real time, and can provide support and guidance as needed.
- It allows teachers to focus on the individual needs of each student. By monitoring their progress and understanding their abilities, teachers can structure lessons that are tailored to the specific needs of each student.
- Our smart classroom provides a wide range of content that is designed to engage students and keep them interested in learning coding.
- Our block-based programming content is perfect for beginners, and provides a gentle introduction to the world of coding and builds students confidence as they move to text-based programming.
- We have the ability for students to preview their web projects in real-time, making web development fun and exciting as they see what they are doing.
- Out of box lesson plans make teachers more comfortable and it enables quick and easy implementation within the curriculum.
- Teachers can test student’s knowledge right there on the fly with quizzes making repeating the knowledge a fun process in learning.
- Our WordPress infrastructure allows teachers to start teaching digitals skills with no effort at all. It allows students to build their own web pages for a hobby, their classroom or family coffee shop. It is knowledge everybody needs in this digital era.
- Collaboration – Our pair programming approach is designed to help students learn more effectively and to better retain the knowledge they acquire. We have multiple types of collaborations teachers can use CodeTag (one student after another), CodeSwap (swap roles, students have different roles), CodePete (students prepare each other challenges)
Block-based programming content
For our block-based programming content, we offer students a fun and interactive approach to learning coding. Our content is designed to be accessible to students of all levels, whether they are beginners or have some coding knowledge already. Using our smart classroom, students can drag and drop colourful blocks of code to create simple programs. They can then progress to building more complex programs by creating sequences of code blocks that work together.
Our block-based programming content also includes interactive tutorials that guide students through the coding process. Teachers can monitor their progress in real-time using our smart classroom, which allows them to provide immediate feedback and assistance. By starting with block-based programming, students can develop a solid foundation in coding concepts before moving on to text-based programming. This approach has proven to be effective in helping students grasp coding fundamentals and build their confidence.
Furthermore, our Cobie AI content for Coding in the Classroom uses artificial intelligence to personalise the learning experience for each student. Cobie AI can assess each student’s learning style, strengths, and weaknesses to provide personalised recommendations for their learning path. This ensures that each student can learn at their own pace, and it keeps them engaged and motivated. Overall, our block-based programming content is an excellent introduction to coding and a solid foundation for more advanced topics.
Students will be introduced to:
- Instructions, moving around the maze, understanding the logic of giving orders to a computer or our hero
- Loops, how they work, what are the benefits and how to use them while programming
- Functions and using functions to display messages, change the shape of hero in the mazes
- Using if statements to react to values
- What is an variable and how it opens up doors for making programs really useful
Transitioning from block-based to text-based programming
Preparing students to smoothly transition from block-based programming to text-based languages is a crucial aspect of our approach at Cobie AI. We firmly believe that mastering algorithmic thinking is a fundamental skill that students cultivate while learning to code with block-based languages. This belief is a base for our methodology, which empowers students to seamlessly apply their existing knowledge to embark on their coding journey with text-based languages.
In our methodology, continuity is key. We facilitate a seamless progression by employing consistent keywords and function names and problem-solving environments across both block-based and text-based programming. This ensures that students remain within a familiar “ecosystem,” allowing them to seamlessly extend projects initiated in block-based programming. Even when transitioning to text-based programming, students can engage in captivating activities like game-playing and puzzle-solving using text-based programming as well.
Most of the time you will see just a simple code conversion from block-based program to text-based program, but we go beyond simple conversion of code, as transition text-based coding is a process, we need to teach students that they can use their knowledge to code, not just how to use conversion of block-based code to text-based code.
It’s worth highlighting the remarkable effectiveness of our approach. Even students who were initially concerned about text-based programming have found themselves eagerly learning Python, thanks to our methodology’s ability to sustain their engagement and enthusiasm.
Content for block-based to text-based programming transition
The transition from block-based to text-based programming with Cobie AI Smart Classroom is designed to be gradual and supportive. The platform provides guided lessons and interactive exercises that bridge the gap between these two programming approaches. While offering all the tools to teachers for both types of programming.
Students will be introduced to:
- Text-based Instructions for moving around the maze, how they can use their existing knowledge using written code
- Loops, how they work, what are the benefits and how to use them while programming, how loops are even better in text-based programming
- Using functions and using functions to display messages, change the shape of hero in the mazes and progress with writing their own functions to control the hero around the maze
- Using if statements to control the flow of programs
- Learn how to write variables, how to name them and how it enables them to store date and make their programs even better
- What are random numbers and how to use them to make programs and flow of programs random.
The goal is to ensure that every student can progress at a pace that is comfortable for them and can take advantage of all the resources available, including Cobie AI content for coding in the classroom.
This smart technology can provide additional support and guidance as needed, allowing students to focus on the task at hand and improve their coding abilities in a fun and engaging way.
Students will be learn more about:
- Variables how to initialise them, how to store values and how to choose appropriate type and structure to store data
- What are strings and string manipulation
- How to return results from functions
- How to call functions and how to use multiple functions to make a program or an application
- How to calculate values with match functions
- Hot to work with with files
- Simple sorting algorithms, and search algorithms.
- Programming concepts in use for achieving goals
- And much more,…
The content is broken down into different levels of difficulty so that students can progress at their own pace. At the beginner level, students will learn how to create simple games like Tic-Tac-Toe. As they advance, they will learn how to add more functionality to their games. And how to create more complex functionalities.
As this lesson plan is intended as a programming showcase students will build everything from scratch to understand every part of code and every piece of game they are building.
Students will be learn more about:
- What is HTML, important HTML tags and their attributes
- What is CSS and how to use CSS to make HTML much nieces; we make it fun here for students so they can play with values and create their style
- Get to know what it takes to create a game, how to make scoring, how to build mathematical functions to calculate the winning score
- And much more…
United By Coding – Explanation of how our pair programming approach works
Our pair programming approach is designed to help students learn more effectively and to better retain the knowledge they acquire. In this approach, two students work together to solve problems or complete tasks. This approach excelled in our project United By Coding, where students from different backgrounds worked together to complete coding puzzles.
By working in pairs, students are able to collaborate and learn from one another. They can help each other spot errors or identify areas where more work is needed. This approach not only enhances their skills in programming, but also improves their communication and interpersonal abilities.
We offer 4 distinctive types of collaborative learning within the United By Coding methodology. Normal coding – students work individually, CodeTag – where students switch turns, CodeSwap – where students swap roles, CodePete – a friendly competition.
Our Cobie AI content for coding classes takes this approach even further. It offers real-time feedback to the teacher about how each pair of students is working together. The AI can detect when students are doing great or help when they are struggling. In that case Cobie AI notifies the teacher so they can provide additional support.
Overall, our pair programming approach with Cobie AI content for coding in the classroom is very effective and innovative. It helps students learn coding and build the skills they need to succeed in the tech industry.
Overview of our WordPress content for building a web page for a coffee shop
We have written a great article explaining that WordPress is a great use of digital skills in education. For our WordPress content, we have designed a special project for our students to build a website for a coffee shop.
Using Cobie AI content for classes, our students are able to learn how to design a website and make it look professional. They learn how to add different sections to a web page like menu, contact information. They also learn important web design principles like colour selection and typography.
Additionally teachers can monitor the progress of students and follow their steps. Using our smart classroom they also get embedded lessons out of the box. Knowing there is no need for an installation teacher can start right away.
Students will learn:
- How to prepare a content for a webpage
- How to structure web page
- Build digitals skills used all around the world in almost every area of economy
- They will develop problem solving skills
- The will get better employment opportunities
- And much more 😀
Success stories and testimonials from teachers using Cobie AI Content in the Classroom
Here are some of the testimonials we have chosen.
“It’s great that it lets you see all the codes from students, and what they are really writing and doing. You can see when they make a mistake. The program automatically shows where a student has made a mistake, and you can check only where the student made a mistake. In that practical sense, it is much easier to work in a classroom.”
“Here the teacher has the freedom, and the role of moderator. Teacher can manage the classroom directly from the platform, and the teacher can see how students are solving and progressing on the assignments, and can provide help if needed.”
“I truly believe it is possible to teach 30 children programming with the help of Cobie. I think that we will have 30 children per class in basic digital education (Digitale Grundbildung) in the future; this can make Cobie a very useful tool.”
“I learned more about the dynamics of the classroom in 2 hours, than I would in one semester.”
Can you provide some success stories and testimonials from teachers using Cobie AI Smart Classroom?
Of course, a lot of teachers are already using our smart classroom for their lessons. Above you can read some testimonials from teachers around Europe. In order for our system to be even better, we did a lot of piloting during the first years. We also interviewed a lot of teachers and we always try to incorporate new feedback into our content and make our system even better.
Our smart classroom has been developed keeping in mind the needs of both teachers and students. Cobie AI content for coding in the classroom makes learning how to write programs a fun and interactive process. We prepare content so that it allows students to progress from block-based programming to text-based programming with ease.
By using our smart classroom, teachers can monitor student progress in real-time and provide immediate feedback. Ultimately enabling them to give students better knowledge and improved classroom experience.